Document Type: Original Articles
Department of Public Management, Kerman Branch, Islamic Azad University, Kerman, Iran;
Department of Statistics, Kerman Branch, Bahonar University, Kerman, Iran
Background: According to quality transformation of services during the time, the quality requirements and standards also change and recognition of these requirements and transformation process can assist in recognizing the quality dimensions of services. The aim of this research was to explain the transformation process, requirements and quality dimensions of services in hospitals. Methods: The present study is a descriptive research of correlational type that used measuring method. In the study, the hospitals affiliated to Medical Sciences Universities were chosen from 4 provinces of Tehran, Fars, Lorestan, and Yazd. 432 staff members answered the quality requirements and transformation process questionnaires; 500 customers answered quality dimensions questionnaires. Data analysis was done using Pearson correlation coefficient, exploratory factor analysis, confirmatory factor analysis, and structural equation. Results: The results showed that quality transformation in the studied hospitals with an average of 3.34 was more than the satisfaction and the quality requirements with an average of 3.75 was in a good level; also, the quality dimensions with theaverage of 3.61 was also in a good level. Moreover, there was an inverse relationship between quality transformation and quality requirements and a direct relation between quality requirements and quality dimensions. There was no statistical meaningful and direc relationship between quality transformation and quality dimensions. Conclusion: Based on the results of the study, among 4 steps of quality transformation, our country Iran is in the quality control step. Moreover, based on opinions of hospital staff, professional requirement is the most important one among quality requirements components. Also, according to the customers’ viewpoint, if the service is provided with high security, then it is a high quality service. Therefore, quality control together with professional requirement can make a high secure service that contains all quality dimensions.
- Sohrabi Z, Peirovi H, KhachianA, Farajollahi M. Step by step to universities Excellency. Tehran: Nehzate Pooya. 2009.
- Sahney SD, Banwet K, Karunes S. An integrated framework for quality in education: Application of quality function deployment, interpretive structural modeling and path analysis. Total Quality Management 2006; 17(2): 265-85.
- Keshtkar Z , S habani A , S iadat A : Textbook o f Foundaons and Principles of Quality Management. Tehran: Chapar; Kelke Novin. 2012.
- Asadi F: Textbook of Comprehensive equality management and evaluation of library service. Tehran: Management and Planning Organization. 2004.
- Ladhari R. A review of twenty years of SERVQUAL research. Int J Qual Service Sc 2009; 1: 172-98.
- Karl KA, Harland LK, Peluchette JV, Rodie AR. Perceptions of service quality:whats fun got to do whit it? Health Market Q 2010; 27(2): 155-72.
- Yu-Jia H. Service Quality as mediator of the relationship between marketing mix strategy and customer loyalty: The case of retailing stores in Taiwan. International Journal of Organization Innovation 2009; 2(2): 282-93.
- Blery E, Batistatos N, Papastratou E, Preifanos I, Remoundaki G , Retsina M . Service quality and customer retention in mobile telephony. Journal of Targeting, Measurement and Analysis for Marketing 2009; 17(1): 27-37.
- Swaid SI, Wigand RT. Measuring the quality of e-service: Scale development and initial validation. Journal of Electronic Commerce Research 2009; 10(1): 13-28.
- Farrington DE, Stuart A, Carraher SM, Cash R. Unfavorable outcomes of service quality: Frustrations of customer loyalty in China and the USA. Proceedings of the Academy for Studies in International Business 2009; 9(1): 6-9.
- Chao P. Exploring the nature of the relationships between service quality and customer loyalty: An attribute-level analysis. Service Industries Journal 2008; 28(1): 95-119.
- Noor AM, Dinon M, Kalthom A. Development and validation of patient satisfaction instrument. Leadership in Health Services 2012; 25(1): 27-38.
- Alhashem AM, Alquraini H, Chowdhury RI. Factor in fluencing patient satisfaction in primary healthcare clinics in Kuwait. Int J Health Care Qual Assur 2011; 24(3): 249-62.
- Soleimanpour H, Gholipouri C, Salarilak S, Raoufi P, Vahidi RG, Jafari Rouhi A, et al. Emergency department patient satisfaction survey in Imam Reza Hospital, Tabriz, Iran. Int J Emerg Med 2011; 4: 2.
- Riyahi B, The new theory of total quality management in public sector of Iran. TEHRAN, Industrial Research and Training Center. 2005.(persian).
- Taheri SH. Total Quality Management, Press Modern Science, First Edition .2001.(persian).
- Jafari M, Osuli H, Shahriyari H, Shirazimanesh M, Fahimi A. Total Quality Management, TEHRAN, Press Azhineh, Third edition. 2004.(persian).
- Haghighikafash M, Mazlumi N, Akbari M. Comparing the quality of public and private companies in the insurance industry in IRAN. Insurance Industry Journal 2007; 17: 74-65.(persian).
- Shahidi M, The Relationship between the analytical quality requirements and organizational commitment of nurses in Kerman. Masterâs thesis, Islamic Azad University of Kerman.2013.(persian).
- Edward S. Total Quality Management in Education. translate by Ali Hadighi, Havaye Taze published, Tehran. 2002.(persian)
- Naebzadeh SH, Fatahi M. Assess the quality of service in the police offices to +10 Using SERVQUAL. Marketing Management Journal 2008; 7.(persian).
- Douglas A, Firaus J. Campus spies? Using mystery students to evaluate university performance. Education Research 2006; 48(1): 111-9.
- Azar A, Mohamadlu M, Moghbel A, Ahmadi P. Design a framework for measuring the quality of services in the supply chain. Outlook Industrial Management 2012; 6: 9-24.(Persian).
- Sarlak M , Abolhasani A, Vazirzanjani H , Akhondi A. Identifying dimensions of service quality in the auto leasing industry. Monthly Business Survey 2008; 25:106-21.(Persian).
- Latifian A. To evaluate the effectiveness and quality of the relationship between library services Ferdowsi University of Mashhad. Science and Technology Magazine 2011; 4.(Persian).
- Jimmieson NL, Griffin MA. linking client and employee perceptions of the organization : A study of client satisfaction with health care service. J occup organ psycho 2011; 71(1): 81-96.
- Haque A, Sarwar Aa-M, Yasmin F, A nwar A . T he impact of customer service quality on customer satisfaction for private health center in Malaysia: a structural equation modeling approach information. Management and Business Review 2010; 4(5): 257-67.
- Lim PC, Tang NA. Study of patientsâ expectations and satisfaction in Singapore hospitals. Int J Health Care Qual Assur 2000; 13: 290-9.
- Wisniewski M. Using SERVQUAL to assess customer satisfaction with public sector services. Managing Service Quality 2001; 11(6): 380-8.
- Monczka R M, H andfield R B, G iunipero L C, Patterson JL. Textbook of purchasing and supply chain management 4th ed. South âWestern Cengage Learning. 2012.
- Shirvani A, Sharifian M, The impact of bureaucratic tructure on the quality of services in public hospitals. Fourth International Conference on Management. 2006. (persian).
- Aghajani M. In an interview with IRNA, Iranâs evening news analysts. www.asriran.com. 2014.(persian).
- Tabibi J: Textbook of Total Quality Management in Healthcare. TEHRAN, Press Jahan Rayaneh. 2011. (persian).
- Ghasemi V. Textbook of Using structural equation modeling in social research Amos, Jameeh Publishers, TEHRAN.2012.(Persian).
- Raminmehr H, Charestad P. Textbook of Quantitative research methods using structural equation modeling. Termeh publishers, TEHRAN. 2012.(Persian).
- Conaock M, Johns L. Total quality management and its humanistic orientation towards organizational analysis. The TQM Magazine 1988; 10(4): 26-31.
- Moradi M, Khtooni M, Zeyghami R, Jahanihashemi H, Sheikhi M. Examine the relationship between professional commitment and job satisfaction of nurses in public hospitals affiliated to Qazvin University of Medical Sciences. J Med Ethics 2013; 24: 55-78.
- Morrison EW. Organizational citizenship behavior as critical link between HRM practice and service quality. Journal of Human Resource Management 1998; 35: 493-512.
- Soleimani N, Abbaszadeh N, Niazazari B . Work ethics relationship with job satisfaction and job stress in Technical and Vocational Training Organization in Tehran. Journal of New Approaches in Educational Administration 2011; 3: 21-38.(Persian)
- Roman S, Ruiz S. Relationship Outcomes of Perceived Ethical Sales Behavior: The Customerâs Perspective. J Bus Res 2014; 58(4): 439-45.
- Sabahibidgoli M, Mosavi GH, Kebriyaei A, Seyedi S, Shahri S, Atharizadeh M. Check the quality of hospital services from the perspective of patients in university hospitals. Feyz Journal 2009; 2: 146 52.(Persian).