Conflict of Interest: None declared.
1. Navidtalab A, Maghami Moghim G. Climate, lithology, and tectonics interaction in shaping a hazardous salt karst: A case from the middle–late Miocene evaporite succession of NE Iran. Geomorphology. 2020; 356:107067.
2. Shirmohammadi B, Malekian A, Salajegheh A, Taheri B, Azarnivand H, Malek Z, et al. Scenario analysis for integrated water resources management under future land use change in the Urmia Lake region, Iran. Land Use Policy. 2020; 90:104299.
3. Bagheri A, Babaeian F. Assessing water security of Rafsanjan Plain, Iran – Adopting the SEEA framework of water accounting. Ecological Indicators. 2020; 111:105959.
4. Mahmood A, Mahmoud AH, El-Abedein AIZ, Ashraf A, Almunqedhi BMA. A comparative study of metals concentration in agricultural soil and vegetables irrigated by wastewater and tube well water. Journal of King Saud University - Science. 2020.
5. Bougnom BP, Thiele-Bruhn S, Ricci V, Zongo C, Piddock LJV. Raw wastewater irrigation for urban agriculture in three African cities increases the abundance of transferable antibiotic resistance genes in soil, including those encoding extended spectrum β-lactamases (ESBLs). Science of The Total Environment. 2020; 698:134201.
6. Cao C, Zhang Q, Ma Z-B, Wang X-M, Chen H, Wang J-J. Fractionation and mobility risks of heavy metals and metalloids in wastewater-irrigated agricultural soils from greenhouses and fields in Gansu, China. Geoderma. 2018; 328:1-9.
7. Yang W, Song W, Li J, Zhang X. Bioleaching of heavy metals from wastewater sludge with the aim of land application. Chemosphere. 2020:126134.
8. ur Rehman K, Bukhari SM, Andleeb S, Mahmood A, Erinle KO, Naeem MM, et al. Ecological risk assessment of heavy metals in vegetables irrigated with groundwater and wastewater: The particular case of Sahiwal district in Pakistan. Agricultural Water Management. 2019; 226:105816.
9. Saxena A, Bhardwaj M, Allen T, Kumar S, Sahney R. Adsorption of heavy metals from wastewater using agricultural–industrial wastes as biosorbents. Water Science. 2017; 31(2):189-97.
10. Hodaifa G, Gallardo PAR, García CA, Kowalska M, Seyedsalehi M. Chemical oxidation methods for treatment of real industrial olive oil mill wastewater. Journal of the Taiwan Institute of Chemical Engineers. 2019; 97:247-54.
11. Zhou Z, Yu T, Dong H, Huang L, Chu RK, Tolic N, et al. Chemical oxygen demand (COD) removal from bio-treated coking wastewater by hydroxyl radicals produced from a reduced clay mineral. Applied Clay Science. 2019; 180:105199.
12. Rahimi M, Mahmoudi J. Heavy Metals Removal from Aqueous Solution by Modified Natural Zeolites Using Central Composite Design. Periodica Polytechnica Chemical Engineering. 2020; 64(1):106-15.
13. Sulaiman KO, Sajid M, Alhooshani K. Application of porous membrane bag enclosed alkaline treated Y-Zeolite for removal of heavy metal ions from water. Microchemical Journal. 2020; 152:104289.
14. Zavvar Mousavi H, Asghari A. Removal of heavy metal ions in wastewater by Semnan natural zeolite. Asian Journal of Chemistry. 2009; 21(4):2881-86.
15. Bilardi S, Calabrò PS, Greco R, Moraci N. Removal of heavy metals from landfill leachate using zero valent iron and granular activated carbon. Environmental technology. 2020; 41(4):498-510.
16. Ratnawati R, Enjarlis E, Husnil YA, Christwardana M, Slamet S. Degradation of Phenol in Pharmaceutical Wastewater using TiO2/Pumice and O3/Active Carbon. Bulletin of Chemical Reaction Engineering & Catalysis. 2020; 15(1):146-54.
17. Sultana T, Arooj F, Nawaz M, Alam S, Iqbal MN, Ashraf A. Phytoremediation Efficiency of Sunflower (Helianthus annuus) and Bryophyllum (Bryophyllum pinnatum) in Removing Heavy Metals from Polluted Soil. International Journal of Alternative Fuels and Energy. 2019; 3(2):31-35.
18. Garrido I, Garcia-Sanchez M, Casimiro I, Casero PJ, Garcia-Romera I, Ocampo JA, et al. Oxidative stress induced in sunflower seedling roots by aqueous dry olive-mill residues. PloS one. 2012; 7(9):e46137.
19. Khodabakhshi A, kamai M, Amin MM, Sedehi M, Hadialijanvand M, Dastjerdi MV. Lead removal from battery industry synthetic wastewater by nano maghemite. J Health Syst Res. 2015; 11(1):641-48.
20. Moazeni M, Parastar S, Mahdavi M, Ebrahimi A. Evaluation efficiency of Iranian natural zeolites and synthetic resin to removal of lead ions from aqueous solutions. Applied Water Science. 2020; 10(2):60.
21. Kim SA, Kamala-Kannan S, Lee K-J, Park Y-J, Shea PJ, Lee W-H, et al. Removal of Pb (II) from aqueous solution by a zeolite–nanoscale zero-valent iron composite. Chemical Engineering Journal. 2013; 217:54-60.
22. Moradi M, Soltanian M, Pirsaheb M, Sharafi K, Soltanian S, Mozafari A. The efficiency study of pumice powder to lead removal from the aquatic environment: isotherms and kinetics of the reaction. Journal of Mazandaran University of Medical Sciences. 2014; 23(1):65-75.
23. Jonasi V, Matina K, Guyo U. Removal of Pb (II) and Cd (II) from aqueous solution using alkaline-modified pumice stone powder (PSP): equilibrium, kinetic, and thermodynamic studies. Turkish Journal of Chemistry. 2017; 41(5):748-59.
24. Li L, Zheng C, Fu Y, Wu D, Yang X, Shen H. Silicate-mediated alleviation of Pb toxicity in banana grown in Pb-contaminated soil. Biological trace element research. 2012; 145(1):101-08.
25. Mashayekhi HR, Baghaie AH, Gomarian M. Effect of EDTA Chelate and Cow Manure on Cd Uptake by Pot Marigold in a Polluted Soil. Iranian Journal of Soil Research. 2017; 31(3):405-17.
26. Wang Y, Luo Y, Zeng G, Wu X, Wu B, Li X, et al. Characteristics and in situ remediation effects of heavy metal immobilizing bacteria on cadmium and nickel co-contaminated soil. Ecotoxicology and Environmental Safety. 2020; 192:110294.
27. Sun X, Meng J, Huo S, Zhu J, Zheng S. Remediation of Heavy Metal Pollution in Soil by Microbial Immobilization with Carbon Microspheres. International Journal of Environmental Science and Development. 2020; 11(1).
28. Li S, Sun X, Liu Y, Li S, Zhou W, Ma Q, et al. Remediation of Cd-contaminated soils by GWC application, evaluated in terms of Cd immobilization, enzyme activities, and pakchoi cabbage uptake. Environmental Science and Pollution Research. 2020:1-8.
29. Hoshyar P, Baghaie AH. Effect of Arak Municipal Sewage Sludge Application on Corn Cd Uptake in a Loamy Soil. Iranian Journal of Soil Research. 2017; 31(2):303-14.
30. Semane B, Dupae J, Cuypers A, Noben J-P, Tuomainen M, Tervahauta A, et al. Leaf proteome responses of Arabidopsis thaliana exposed to mild cadmium stress. Journal of plant physiology. 2010; 167(4):247-54.
31. Lešková A, Giehl RF, Hartmann A, Fargašová A, von Wirén N. Heavy metals induce iron deficiency responses at different hierarchic and regulatory levels. Plant Physiology. 2017; 174(3):1648-68.
32. Nouri J, Khorasani N, Lorestani B, Karami M, Hassani A, Yousefi N. Accumulation of heavy metals in soil and uptake by plant species with phytoremediation potential. Environmental Earth Sciences. 2009; 59(2):315-23.
33. Alidadi Khaliliha M, Dordipour E, Barani Motlagh M. Interactive effect of iron and lead on growthvand their uptake in Cress (Lepidium sativum L.). J. of Soil Management and Sustainable Production. 2016; 5:41-59.
34. Nazar R, Iqbal N, Masood A, Khan MIR, Syeed S, Khan NA. Cadmium toxicity in plants and role of mineral nutrients in its alleviation. 2012.
35. Tafvizi M, Motesharezadeh B. Effects of lead on iron, manganese, and zinc concentrations in different varieties of maize (Zea mays). Communications in soil science and plant analysis. 2014; 45(14):1853-65.