Document Type: Original Article
MD, MPH, Research Center for Health Sciences, Institute of Health, Shiraz University of Medical Sciences, Shiraz, Iran.
MSc in community based education in health system, Supervisor and instructor of behvarzi education center of Shoush city, Dezful University of Medical Sciences, Dezful, Iran
MD, PhD in health education and promotion, Research Center for Health Sciences, Institute of Health, Shiraz University of Medical Sciences, Shiraz,
PhD in health education and promotion, Research Center for Health Sciences, Institute of Health, Shiraz University of Medical Sciences, Shiraz, Iran
Background: Human resources are considered as one of the most important production resources and the basic capital of the organization. This study aimed to investigating the relationship between job motivation and job performance of auxiliary nurses under the coverage Shoush health centers.
Methods: This cross-sectional study was carried out on auxiliary nurses under the coverage of Shoush health centers in 2017. Auxilliary nurses were enrolled in the study using census sampling method (150 people). The data collection tools were Herzberg's job motivation questionnaire and Paterson's job performance questionnaire that were completed through the self-report method. Data were analyzed through SPSS-22 software using Pearson correlation and multiple regression tests.
Results: Ninety-nine people (66%) were female and 51 (34%) were male. The average motivation and job performance of the subjects were 184.22±14.98 and 42.50±6.26, respectively. According to the results of Pearson correlation test, there was a significant relationship between motivation and job performance (r=-0.223, p=0.006). According to the results of multiple regression, personal relationships with each other and work environment conditions predicted 22 percent of changes in performance of auxiliary nurses.
Conclusion: In the present study, according to the relationship between motivation and job performance of health workers, it is suggested that measures should be taken to increase motivation to improve their job performance.
- Navaeian N, Sharifiyazdi M. Unmatched role of health workers in healthcare reform. Journal of health workers. 1394;(92):6-7.
- Ayazi SM. The critical role of health workers in community health. 1394 Thursday, Shahrivar 12.
- Rahmati-Najarkolaei F, Rakhshani T, Tavafian S, Tavakoli M, Sobati H. Health Education Performance in Health Houses: A Descriptive study from Iran during April-September 2011. Shiraz E-Med J. 2018 March
- Bowditch JL, Buono FA. A primer on organizational behavior. New York: John Wiely & Sons Inc; 1997. P.85.
- Robbins. organizational behavior. Translated by: Ali Parsian, Seyyed Mohammad Arabi, Department of Cultural Studies, Pages. 2005; 326-432.
- Nowruzi A, Amirianzadeh M . The relationship between job motivation and creativity with teacher's professional performance in Jahrom city, Journal of Management Education Research, seventh year, Forth Number, Pages. 2016; 7(4): 32-50.
- Mahbifar R, Bakhshian M, Rafiei S. The Effect of Organizational Reward on Employees' Performance with the Motivational Mediator role in Educational Hospitals of Qazvin, Journal of Health Research, Vol. 2, No. 3, Pages. 1395; 2(3): 223-232.
- Jabari F, Rajaipour S, Jafari E. Comparative evaluation of occupational motives in faculty member of Isfahan Universities based on Herzberg theory. Health Information Management. 2003; 1: 15
- Khosravi M, Yazdani Cherati J, Enayati T. The Relationship between Job Motivations with Job Performance of Health Workers of Health Center, Sari Province, Iran. International Research Journal of Management Sciences. 2014 ; 2: 431-434.
- Bott HD, Asaju KT. Motivation and Job Performance of University Workers: A Case Study of Plateau State University Bokkos, International Letters of Social and Humanistic Sciences, 53, 2015; 35-38.
- Onoyase A. Motivation and Job Performance of Lecturers of Tertiary Institutions in Nigeria: Implication for Counseling, Journal of Educational Research, 2017; 4(2), 280-289.
- Bakhshi H, Norouzi D, Hosseini Z. Effective factors on job motivation in academic members of rafsanjan medical university Iranian Journal of Medical Education 2004; 4(12): 33-41. Persian.
- Golmohamadi R, Damyar Mohamadfam I, Faradmal J. Study of Occupational Stress Among Hamadan City-Bus Drivers, Journal of yazd University of Medical sciences 2011;24-32.
- Ghodrati H, Ghaffari Tabar R . A study on effective factors on employee motivation. Management Science Letters, 2013; 3(6):1511-20.
- Jabe dar A, Ismail Pour F. Investigating the Impact of Motivation on Employees' Performance, Quarterly Journal of Supervision and Inspection, Year 4, No 11, Pages. 2010 ;4(11): 106-131.
- Ong Choon Hee , Noor Hayati Binti Kamaludin. Motivation and Job Performance among Nurses in the Private Hospitals in Malaysia. International Journal of Caring Sciences. 2016 ;9(1).342-347.
- Greenslade JH, Jimmieson NL. Organizational factors impacting on patient satisfaction: a cross sectional examination of service climate and linkages to nurses' effort and performance. Int J Nurs Stud. 2011;48(10):1188-98.
- Ong Choon Hee & Johari, H. . A conceptual analysis of personality traits and customer-oriented behavor in the health tourism hospitals. International Journal of Caring Sciences, 2014; 7(2), 368-374.