1. Richman DD, Whitley RJ, Hayden FG. Clinical virology: John Wiley & Sons; 2016.
2. Huang C, Wang Y, Li X, Ren L, Zhao J, Hu Y, et al. Clinical features of patients infected with 2019 novel coronavirus in Wuhan, China. The lancet. 2020;395(10223):497-506.
3. Zhu N, Zhang D, Wang W, Li X, Yang B, Song J, et al. A novel coronavirus from patients with pneumonia in China, 2019. New England Journal of Medicine. 2020.
4. Paraskevis D, Kostaki EG, Magiorkinis G, Panayiotakopoulos G, Sourvinos G, Tsiodras S. Full-genome evolutionary analysis of the novel corona virus (2019-nCoV) rejects the hypothesis of emergence as a result of a recent recombination event. Infection, Genetics and Evolution. 2020;79:104212.
5. Rothan HA, Byrareddy SN. The epidemiology and pathogenesis of coronavirus disease (COVID-19) outbreak. Journal of autoimmunity. 2020:102433.
6. Gorbalenya AE, Baker SC, Baric R, Groot RJd, Drosten C, Gulyaeva AA, et al. Severe acute respiratory syndrome-related coronavirus: The species and its viruses–a statement of the Coronavirus Study Group. 2020.
7. Wang D, Hu B, Hu C, Zhu F, Liu X, Zhang J, et al. Clinical characteristics of 138 hospitalized patients with 2019 novel coronavirus–infected pneumonia in Wuhan, China. Jama. 2020;323(11):1061-9.
8. Chang D, Lin M, Wei L, Xie L, Zhu G, Cruz CSD, et al. Epidemiologic and clinical characteristics of novel coronavirus infections involving 13 patients outside Wuhan, China. Jama. 2020;323(11):1092-3.
9. Lai C-C, Shih T-P, Ko W-C, Tang H-J, Hsueh P-R. Severe acute respiratory syndrome coronavirus 2 (SARS-CoV-2) and corona virus disease-2019 (COVID-19): the epidemic and the challenges. International journal of antimicrobial agents. 2020:105924.
10. Yoo J-H. The fight against the 2019-nCoV outbreak: an arduous march has just begun. Journal of Korean medical science. 2019;35(4).
11. Zhao S, Lin Q, Ran J, Musa SS, Yang G, Wang W, et al. Preliminary estimation of the basic reproduction number of novel coronavirus (2019-nCoV) in China, from 2019 to 2020: A data-driven analysis in the early phase of the outbreak. International journal of infectious diseases. 2020;92:214-7.
12. Sahin AR, Erdogan A, Agaoglu PM, Dineri Y, Cakirci AY, Senel ME, et al. 2019 novel coronavirus (COVID-19) outbreak: a review of the current literature. EJMO. 2020;4(1):1-7.
13. Cui J, Li F, Shi Z-L. Origin and evolution of pathogenic coronaviruses. Nature reviews Microbiology. 2019;17(3):181-92.
14. Cowling BJ, Leung GM. Epidemiological research priorities for public health control of the ongoing global novel coronavirus (2019-nCoV) outbreak. Eurosurveillance. 2020;25(6):2000110.
15. Tellier R, Li Y, Cowling BJ, Tang JW. Recognition of aerosol transmission of infectious agents: a commentary. BMC infectious diseases. 2019;19(1):101.
16. Zhou J, Li C, Zhao G, Chu H, Wang D, Yan HH-N, et al. Human intestinal tract serves as an alternative infection route for Middle East respiratory syndrome coronavirus. Science advances. 2017;3(11):eaao4966.
17. Backer JA, Klinkenberg D, Wallinga J. Incubation period of 2019 novel coronavirus (2019-nCoV) infections among travellers from Wuhan, China, 20–28 January 2020. Eurosurveillance. 2020;25(5):2000062.
18. Li Q, Guan X, Wu P, Wang X, Zhou L, Tong Y, et al. Early transmission dynamics in Wuhan, China, of novel coronavirus–infected pneumonia. New England Journal of Medicine. 2020.
19. Wang W, Tang J, Wei F. Updated understanding of the outbreak of 2019 novel coronavirus (2019‐nCoV) in Wuhan, China. Journal of medical virology. 2020;92(4):441-7.
20. Nishiura H, Jung S-m, Linton NM, Kinoshita R, Yang Y, Hayashi K, et al. The extent of transmission of novel coronavirus in Wuhan, China, 2020. Multidisciplinary Digital Publishing Institute; 2020.
21. Bassetti M, Vena A, Giacobbe DR. The novel Chinese coronavirus (2019‐nCoV) infections: Challenges for fighting the storm. European journal of clinical investigation. 2020;50(3):e13209.
22. Ren L-L, Wang Y-M, Wu Z-Q, Xiang Z-C, Guo L, Xu T, et al. Identification of a novel coronavirus causing severe pneumonia in human: a descriptive study. Chinese medical journal. 2020.
23. Lu H. Drug treatment options for the 2019-new coronavirus (2019-nCoV). Bioscience trends. 2020;14(1):69-71.
24. Menni C, Valdes A, Freydin MB, Ganesh S, Moustafa JE-S, Visconti A, et al. Loss of smell and taste in combination with other symptoms is a strong predictor of COVID-19 infection. MedRxiv. 2020.
25. Sun K, Chen J, Viboud C. Early epidemiological analysis of the coronavirus disease 2019 outbreak based on crowdsourced data: a population-level observational study. The Lancet Digital Health. 2020.
26. Chen N, Zhou M, Dong X, Qu J, Gong F, Han Y, et al. Epidemiological and clinical characteristics of 99 cases of 2019 novel coronavirus pneumonia in Wuhan, China: a descriptive study. The Lancet. 2020;395(10223):507-13.
27. Cai J, Xu J, Lin D, Xu L, Qu Z, Zhang Y, et al. A Case Series of children with 2019 novel coronavirus infection: clinical and epidemiological features. Clinical Infectious Diseases. 2020.
28. Bhatraju PK, Ghassemieh BJ, Nichols M, Kim R, Jerome KR, Nalla AK, et al. Covid-19 in critically ill patients in the Seattle region—case series. New England Journal of Medicine. 2020;382(21):2012-22.
29. Rahimzadeh G, Ekrami Noghabi M, Kadkhodaei Elyaderani F, Navaeifar MR, Enayati AA, Manafi Anari A, et al. COVID-19 infection in Iranian children: a case series of 9 patients. Journal of Pediatrics Review. 2020;8(2):139-44.